11.02.2009

The trip,the sea and me

This summer when I went in Syria and Jordan and there I visited many places ,but all the funny stuff (well funny for others) happened at the seas.Oh yeah and I'm kinda afraid of deep water mean you can't see wtf is down there.

In Syria I went at the Mediterranean Sea.

My father didn't like going at resorts because there were to many people,so he took me in places he went when he was young.

The first place.he woke me up around 7 AM and told me to get my shorts on and get in the car.We went at a beach which was almost empty,so I took my T-shirt off and ran in the water.I started swimming then when I made a break in 5 minutes after I put my foot on the ground I felt like I was sinking in the sand,for a moment I thought it was just me ,but then I felt the sand over my ankle,I managed to pull my legs out of the sand and swam at the shore.Then I talked with my dad.

Me"Dad,Wtf?I started to sink in the sand.Did you forget to tell me something?

Dad"Oh,yeah...well..aaa..didn't I tell you? In a few places the sand's moved by the water very fast so if where you're staying the water has 2 feet next to you it might have 6 feet,or sometimes the sand piles over your legs,so you can't stay more than 3 minutes in one place.I probably should have told you that."

Me"No shit!".


Second Place: This time we went around 6 PM,again it was a place where he used to swim when he was young,this time I asked him if there is anything he wasn't to tell me about that place.he said this time no surprises.I don't like it when he says that.

After we got there he gave me a snorkel and a mask because it was a good place for scuba diving.I decided that it would be better to swim a bit before scuba diving, I told my dad that he;s jumping first.

In the water I kept feeling things pinching me,I thought those were fish,but then i look around and realized that there weren't more than 10 people on the whole beach then I saw a sign,my dad said:
Dad"I don't think you want to know what's written on that sign."
Me"Amaze me"
Dad"Vally of the Jellyfish."
I put my mask on and looked under water,I think there were more than a 100 jellyfish around us.
Me"Are you insane god damn it?"
Dad"What I didn't see that sign before."
I think I never swam that fast in my whole life.That explained the pinching.

In Jordan I visited the Dead sea which I think everyone knows that it has the saltiest water in the world.
Dad"I bet 20$ you can't jump in the water and open your eyes after."

Without saying anything I ran and jumped in the water ,it was odd because the water pushed me up very fast,but when I opened my eyes ,I can't describe the feeling,my eyes hurt so bad that I couldn't open them 10 minutes,my dad rapidly came after me in the water and washed my eyes with normal water.
Dad"Wtf did you do that for?"
Me"Hey,you made that bet with me so you'd better have the money ready when I can open my eyes."

That's about it,I'll try to remember more fun stuff from my trips.

1 comment:

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

The sand piles over your legs & Vally of the Jellyfish??? Your father is not trying to kill you, is he? :)