11.16.2009

Parody Religions

1.Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, also known as Pastafarianism, a parody of intelligent design.
I consider that spaghetti is very important but dudes...

2.Frisbeetarianism, a belief system created by American comedian George Carlin. Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul is metaphorically tossed on a roof and simply stays there.
I know how that feels.

3.Invisible Pink Unicorn, a parody of theist definitions of God. It also highlights the arbitrary and unfalsifiable nature of religious belief, in a similar way to Russell's teapot.

Hey hey hey this one is real ,because I know that the pink unicorn takes you to the leprechauns pot of gold.

4.Last Thursdayism, a joke version of omphalism, created to demonstrate problems with unfalsifiable beliefs.
I know what you did last Thursday.

5.The Church of Google claiming Google is the closest thing human beings could find for a God.
Well we do find all our answers on Google.And if we die we will end up in supercomputer(heaven) or a 1gb memory stick(hell).

6.The Cult of Michael Jackson Translates Michael Jackson songs into parody scriptures. Teaches that if believers follow these translations it will lead to an enlightened life and bring peace on earth.
"All shall bring their children to me,or die slain by my nose."

7.The Dragon In My Garage coined by astronomer and astrochemist Carl Sagan.
I don't know about the dragon in my garage,but that Sandwich monster from under my bed really scares me.

8.The Great Pumpkin, a Santa Claus–like being in the comic strip Peanuts, an application of Christmas mythology to Halloween.

2 comments:

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

Ewww, that picture. I'm a member of the Church of Google.

Deidre said...

When I was little I used to think that clouds were the souls of the dead - looking down on us all and turning into funny shapes to entertain us mere mortals.