8.04.2009

The Trip

Finally after 2 weeks I found Internet, actually I found the next day I arrived here but it was limited on Syria, so I couldn't post anything.

Now I'm writing from a computer on which everything is upside down and I'm writing from right to left....which very uncomfortable so I'll probably have mistakes.

So... the trip...well we didn't even leave and we had problems...the day before we left the extra trunk (the thing you put on top of the car) cracked and it was almost ripped into 2 pieces ,and not having time to buy another one we left with it like that.

So the next day we tied the trunk and left. We had to Serbia and Bulgaria that day because my dad doesn't like Bulgaria , the problem was that we couldn't go over 120 km/h because then the trunk would open ,but the road through Serbia and Bulgaria wasn't bad ,the fun started only in Turkey.

We stayed 4 damn hours at the border because the guards went to pray and there was only one on duty anyways after we passed my father was to tired to continue the road so we sleep in the car,after he woke up we continued our road.NEVER chose the shortest way on the GPS,because once again it took us in the middle of nowhere so we lost a few hours that way.

When we where almost at the border with Syria the good road ended and it was like a damn horror movie going through the mountains during the night,on a unfinished road whit foggy wheather,you could've cut the fog whit a knife,not metaphorically speaking.And when we finally reached the border there was nobody there we had to wait 2 hours for somebody to come just to move 100 meters to wait again 3 hours until we passes the Syrian border.And after 3 more hours we finally arrived at my garndparents house.

I don't know if I'll write again in the next 2 weeks but I'll try.Peace.

1 comment:

cybeel said...

Good to hear that you're okay...and your trip sounds hmmmmm fun??? (trunk ripped into 2 pieces ?!??!)

By the way you've been to Istanbul where i live?
Sorry for the delay on our border -lazy people what can you do?
i've heard so many people complain aboutr the same problem :(

So take care and BE SAFE :)